If you are looking for a special day your family can enjoy together, register for Deer Run’s annual Homeschool Family Day Camp that takes place on Friday, April 29, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The cost is $10 per person and is free for ages 4 and under. Your family can experience a day filled with a variety of camp activities. A preschool play area is provided for little ones. Activities include…
· outdoor education demonstrations
· organized wiffle ball game
· mega relay race
· archery & BB guns
· fishing tutorial plus catch & release fishing
· self-guided hiking
· 45 ft-climbing tower
· creek splashin'
· gaga ball
· sand volleyball
· hover ball
· wagon ride
Additional recreation is available for older kids, grade 3 and up:
· Giant Swing: $6 per person — Swing high above the game field.
· Leap of Faith: No Additional Cost — Climb the 33-ft pole and leap off the platform at the top to ring the bell!
· Paintball: $10 per person — 1-hr playtime, equipment rental and 1 hopper of paint. Chest protectors/vests & extra paint are available for purchase on site.
*Minimum & maximum height & weight requirements apply to fit the safety harness on Giant Swing and Leap of Faith. Most 3rd graders meet the minimum requirements.
Advance registration is highly recommended especially for the additional recreation options. Catch & release fishing from the bank is allowed. However, the lake is closed for swimming and other water activities.
Bring a picnic lunch plus a tablecloth, blanket and/or chairs for your family to enjoy on the property. Snacks, beverages, apparel and other merchandise are available at the Camp Store from 12 to 2 p.m. The dining facility is not open for meals. The event takes place rain or shine.
Register online or call 615.794.2918 if you have questions.
Deer Run is located on 100 scenic wooded acres, 10 minutes from downtown Franklin and 20 minutes from Spring Hill at 3845 Perkins Road, Thompson’s Station, TN.